If you are the type of person who goes out of the way to help others and enjoys a break in the routine of life, than volunteering at the Brewster Center is an excellent and challenging experience. It provides a unique opportunity to selflessly promote social and moral goodness in the society.
The Brewster Center is always looking for volunteers to assist them in new and periodically available tasks. These projects can range from landscaping and moving furniture to clerical tasks. In addition to these tasks, annual Adopt-a-Family Project handouts are given out every Fall and Winter.
If you are interested in volunteering at the Brewster Center and assisting us in the "odd jobs", please call the Volunteer Coordinator, 320-7556 ext.201.
POSITION: "Odd- jobber"
The "odd-jobber" volunteer has the option of choosing from an array of jobs and tasks. Typically these jobs and tasks are required to be done within the facilities or participation in the annual Adopt-A-Family Project which is held in the Fall and Winter of each year.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with minor or one-time projects.
REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION:
- Must be of age that is suitable to successfully complete project
- Attend one Volunteer Orientation
- Must complete volunteer application including references
QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION:
- Ability to execute directive
- Team facilitator
- work closely with teams as well as have the ability to work independently
- Commitment of time, interest, and energy to completion of "odd job"
SPECIAL ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
Some of the "odd jobs" might require a specific skill set to complete the job.
Community Trainings and Volunteer Orientations at the Brewster Center
Please attend a volunteer orientation program for further information regarding volunteer opportunities.